15 November 2009

Getting better

Some uplifting news this week. My novel made the long list for the Virginia Prize for an (as yet?) unpublished novel. Obviously, it would have been much better to make the short list, but given that Part 3 of the book is in need of a face lift, I was cheered by this. Also, over fifty per cent of the short list are novelists with form - they have published books. All six on the short list sound interesting, and I wish the authors the best of luck for the ceremony in Richmond later this month. The winning book will be published by Aurora Metro in the Spring. As for me... I'm beginning another rewrite and will start sending out again in the New Year, all being well. So three lucky agents have something to look forward to in 2010 - Hahaha!!!

2 comments:

Mark Sheerin said...

It's certainly swings and roundabouts. You can't keep a good book down, I reckon.

Anne Brooke said...

That's great news indeed - straight onto the CV and many congrats!!! Axxx